Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Slinus’s Top Ten Favorite Movies

This post is mostly here to balance out the post about the top ten worst movies.

  1. U.H.F. Weird Al’s movie . . . is there really any wonder why this one made number one?
  2. Jurassic Park. I loved dinosaurs and when I was 10 years old they made a really good movie about them. Well, I never actually saw it in the theater, but I heard it from under the seat. And when I got it home on VHS, I wore the tape out.
  3. The Lost World: Jurassic Park. Four years after the first Jurassic Park means four years of Special Effects advancements, and it shows. This film has (in my opinion) the most beautiful and realistic dinosaurs in it (I still awww in amazement when the t-rex’s come out the jungle and stand over Eddie’s Jeep).
  4. Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. I’ve seen it more times than I can count, and it’s still funny every time. NEO! . . . SPORIN!
  5. Who Framed Roger Rabbit. A cartoon fanatics dream come true. Roger Rabbit features seamless live action and animation and combines all the famous cartoon characters (i.e. Disney, Warner Bros., etc.) in one film.
  6. Army of Darkness. The third and my favorite of the Evil Dead films where Bruce Cambel returns as Ash to create this B-Movie masterpiece. (I wanna chainsaw for a hand!)
  7. Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Tis a silly movie. With Knights of Ni and a killer rabbit.
  8. The Naked Gun (all 3 films). I’m counting all three Naked Guns as one film because I couldn’t choose. These films developed my sense of humor and made Leslie Neilson a God. (Weird Al appears in all 3, can you find him?)
  9. Young Frankenstein. This movie proofs even further that Mel Brooks is a genius. (useless trivia: Young Frankenstein’s monster is also the Dad on “Everyone Loves Raymond”)
  10. Clerks. Kevin Smith’s black and white comic masterpiece. Who knew the miserable live of store clerks could be so funny, at least to us. (I’m not even supposed to be here today – Dante Hicks.)

2 comments:

liz said...

Though I can't agree that they're all my favorites, they are all excellent choices. I think I've actually seen them all, though I'm not sure about the Naked
Guns, it's been a while since I saw any of them. By the way, you wouldn't like comedy by chance would you?

Donovan "Slinus" Jones said...

Yeah, I guess the only non comedy films are the Jurassic Parks. By the way, Jurassic Park 3 (if anyone was wondering) is not in the top ten because of it's bad plot, different director, over use of CGI, and unexplained BLUE velociraptors. Allthough it wasn't a total loss, it places somewhere in the top 50 because of the pteradons, the spinosaurus (most realistic robot in the series - see the boat scene), and it is apart of the Jurassic Park Franchise.