Sunday, November 13, 2005

Cartoon Network? It's Glory Now Up in Flames.

I haven't been this depressed since Disney fired over 200 2-D animators to make room for CG-toons.

I'm speaking of course about Cartoon Network's decision to no longer be 100% cartoons. Sunday was the begining of the end when they aired Who Framed Roger Rabbit, which I have no problem with, being one of the greatest movies of all time and half animated. The real doom starts next week when they air the not-so-good movie Small Soldiers. Other movies planned are "The Goonies", "Honey I shrunk the Kids", and "Batman" (airing alongside the action toons on Saturday night).

These are some great movies, they just don't belong on CARTOON Network! Remember what happened when MTV started showing more than music television?!

But wait, it gets worse!! Movies are not the only non-toons coming . . .
"Cartoon Network, in a move that should surprise everyone, is planning on creating new live-action series plots like sitcoms and action projects networkwide, not just the Krofft Brothers homage being worked on at Adult Swim. They're doing this because they claim that kids aren't interested in cartoons anymore and drawn towards Disney Channel and Nickelodeon live-action fare.

According to some higher ups at the network, the word "cartoon" is not limited to cel, stop-motion, or computer-animated productions, but is rather a state of mind."

R.I.P. 1992 - 2005 Cartoon Network's Original Mission Statement. Now all we have to look forward to is another station that's all too similar to Nickelodeon or Disney.

Now I know why some people want to commit suicide. . . I guess I'll continue with life or until Cartoon Network airs Shrek (God I feel dirty just typing that word!)

2 comments:

BanannaGirl said...

I thought I was seeing things....Guess not. Well it was nice while it lasted.

scott said...

if it makes you feel better i will piss on my tv extra hard when i see shrek on cartoon network