Friday, December 22, 2006
Friday, December 15, 2006
Saturday, December 02, 2006
To check them out go here: http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4124445
and click on the album "00 New Pictures" OR just follow this direct link: http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4124445&a=31263309&f=
If anyone has photos that I don't please let me know so I can display them here! This years Halloween party was so much fun, Sarah & I want to thank everyone who made it and we look forward to next years Halloween Party!
Friday, November 17, 2006
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Monday, October 23, 2006
Anyway I promise some new stuff is on the way and maybe even a few more "Friends of the Moment".
Also don't forget ...
Baxter Ave. Morgue V.I.P. Tour is this Thursday
4th annul Halloween party is this Saturday.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
So, if you keep up with the Blog than you know Weird Al's newest CD hit stores a week ago. Do have your copy yet? . . . If you answered "NO" than stop reading this and go get it. For everyone else who bought "Straight Outta Lynwood", Kudos to you! The album debuts on the Billboard charts at #10 (thats over 73,000 copies sold) - making it Al's very first Top 10 album ever!
Personaly I think this is one of Al's best albums yet, much better than 2003's "Poodle Hat". I think I've waited long enough to reveal any spoilers so here is a track by track anyalisis of "Straight Outta Lynwood" by "Weird Al" himself ...
1. "White & Nerdy" "This, of course, is the Chamillionaire parody [of 'Ridin,' and Lynwood's first single], and this is the song that I was born to write, basically. I've been doing research on this song my entire life, so it's basically the culmination of a lifetime of work. It's also my first big-budget, live-action video in seven years, and it was a lot of fun to do. We got Donny Osmond to do the Krayzie Bone role, because obviously if you can't get Krayzie Bone, you get Donny Osmond."
2. "Pancreas" "That's a style parody of Brian Wilson, an homage as it were. It's meant to sound similar to the music that he did for Smile and Pet Sounds, and it's basically a love song to my pancreas, because it came to my attention that not a lot of songs have been written about the pancreas. And I thought that it was a void in pop culture. Also because my pancreas has given so much to me over the years, I felt like I needed to give something back to it, so that's the reason for that."
3. "Canadian Idiot" "That's a Green Day parody, but I won't tell you what it's a parody of; you'll just have to guess. I should point out to any Canadians that may see this that it is in fact ironic, and it's a joke, and I love Canada, and I hope they're not irony-impaired."
4. "I'll Sue Ya" "Another original, done in the style of Rage Against the Machine. I thought it might be kind of fun to do a Rage-style parody, because there's a lot of anger and emotion in their humor. And instead of doing something politically charged, I thought it would be funny to have that kind of song and have it be about frivolous law suits."
5. "Polkarama!" "Yet another one of my polka medleys. At this point, it's sort of mandatory for me to do a polka medley. Fans would be rioting in the streets, I think, if I didn't do a polka medley. And this particular one is like most of my others with, I'd say, a dozen or so contemporary rock and R&B songs done in polka style, the way God intended. Everything from Kanye West to 50 Cent to Franz Ferdinand to Black Eyed Peas."
6. "Virus Alert" "Another original, talking about the dangers of what you may find in your inbox at work. And it's done sort of in the style of the band Sparks, particularly their mid-'70s work."
7. "Confessions, Pt. 3" "This is my Usher parody. After hearing Usher do 'Confessions' and 'Confessions Pt. 2,' I couldn't help but think that maybe he'd left a few things out, that there were a few confessions he had yet to make. So I saved him the trouble of writing a sequel by doing it for him."
8. "Weasel Stomping Day" "This is basically a song celebrating the most festive day of the year. It's done in the style of 1960s animated holiday specials. There's a video for this one done by the guys from [Cartoon Network's] 'Robot Chicken.' "
9. "Close But No Cigar" "This is a song done in the style of the band Cake with a video done by John Kricfalusi of 'Ren & Stimpy' fame. It's a song about a guy who's just a little bit too picky. He continually finds women that are near perfect, but they've got one fatal flaw, which would probably be inconsequential to most, but it's the thing that he focuses on and it ruins the relationship for him."
10. "Do I Creep You Out" "This is a Taylor Hicks parody of his song 'Do I Make You Proud,' just one of the many, many stalker songs in my oeuvre. I had to have some kind of allusion to the show on this album, and the timing worked out to the point that I was able to sneak that song on the album at the very last minute."
11. "Trapped in the Drive-Thru" "My longest parody to date, it's my epic parody of 'Trapped in the Closet,' by R. Kelly. When I heard 'Trapped in the Closet,' I thought it was brilliant and wonderful and ridiculous all at the same, and I felt I had to do something with it, and I decided that I couldn't make it any more convoluted than it already was but thought that I could make it a little more stupid. So I made it about the most banal and mundane and trivial thing that I could think of, which is a couple's trip to the drive-thru."
12. "Don't Download This Song" "This is meant to sound like '80s charity benefit songs like 'We are the World' and 'Hands Across America' and 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' And this video is by Academy Award-nominated animator Bill Plympton, and the reaction to this song has been very interesting to me, because a lot of people think it's an RIAA-bashing song that's pro-illegal downloading and other people take it unironically and think that I'm actually encouraging people not to download music off the Internet. And the truth of the matter is, my feelings toward the whole topic are somewhat gray, and I think that's actually kind of reflected in the lyrics. And I think both sides of the issue sometimes act hypocritically, and I just wanted to address the whole peer-to-peer downloading situation without taking too hard of a stand on either side."
I just can't get enough of this album! My personal favorite song is "Close but no Cigar" with it's wonderful "cake" sound and it's beautifuly animated video featuring those lovely Spumco pin-up girls. Speaking of which why don't watch a clip ...
For more info on Al Visit his Website: www.weirdal.com and Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/weirdal
The long waited for "Scott in a Box" Video!!!!
Here's a nice short clip ...
And here's the full clip ...
If you don't know, this happened at Anna's graduation party. The box Scott is in is the box I used to wrap Anna's tiny little gift card.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Unlike some other Rap stars, here's what Chamillionaire thinks about Al's paroady ...
First he just couldn’t wait to proudly feature “White and Nerdy” on his own MySpace page, and now gives major kudos to him in an interview:
“He’s actually rapping pretty good on it, it’s crazy…He’s Grammy-nominated, man. He goes platinum. It’s really an honor when he does that. I remember when he redid Michael Jackson’s ‘Bad.’ Weird Al is not gonna do a parody of your song if you’re not doing it big. You gotta be a big dog. He shot the video, and people will see it pretty soon. It’s crazy.”
“He’s spittin’ just like Krayzie Bone on the second verse…It’s actually very funny if you listen to what he’s saying. The way Krayzie is harmonizing, he does the same thing. It surprised me. I didn’t know he could rap like that.”
Definitely nice to hear another artist give respect to Al for his attention to details, be honored at being a parody subject, and just plain enjoy his singing abilities.
**Also** You can catch the "White & Nerdy" video on VH1 which will start in heavy rotation on Wednesday.
*** And don't forget to pick up "Weird Al's" newest CD, "Straigt Outta Lynwood" in stores September 26th. Featuring parodies of Chamillionaire, Green Day, Usher, R. Kelly and Taylor Hicks! DualDisc includes PCM Stereo, 5.1 Surround and instrumental mixes of the entire album (with on-screen lyrics option), plus a 9-minute behind-the-scenes documentary and 6 BRAND NEW MUSIC VIDEOS!
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
This Weekend: Drive-in. [CANCELLED]
Sunday September, 24th: Another brand new song and video from "Weird Al" will World Premiere on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim show Robot Chicken.
Tuesday September, 26th: "Weird Al" Yankovic's newest album (Straight Outta Lynwood) is released in stores.
Saturday September, 30th: Ohio Renaissance Festival (http://www.renfestival.com/index.html)
If you wanna go, you better speak up now!
Saturday October, 28th: Slinus & Raven's 4th Anual HALLOWEEN PARTY! Look for offical invitations in your mailboxes sometime around the end of September. This year the party is even bigger and better, you don't wanna miss this!
Also the Baxter Ave. Morgue opens the last weekend of September so we need to pick a date to walk through with the V.I.P. treatment. Also if you're interested in volunteering at the Morgue please get in contact with me.
Monday, September 04, 2006
Sep 4, 1:39 AM (ET)
"BRISBANE, Australia (AP) - Steve Irwin, the hugely popular Australian television personality and environmentalist known as the "Crocodile Hunter," was killed Monday by a stingray during a diving expedition, Australian media said. He was 44.
Irwin was filming an underwater documentary on the Great Barrier Reef in northeastern Queensland state when the accident occurred, Sydney's The Daily Telegraph newspaper reported on its Web site.
The Australian Broadcasting Corp. said Irwin was diving near Low Isles Reef near the resort town of Port Douglas, about 1,260 miles north of the state capital of Brisbane.
Queensland ambulance service spokesman Bob Hamil confirmed that a diver had been killed by a stingray off Lowe Isles Reef but refused to say who the victim was until relatives had been notified.
A rescue helicopter was sent from the nearby city of Cairns, and paramedics from it confirmed the diver's death.
"The probable cause of death is stingray strike to the chest," Hamil said.
Staff at Australia Zoo, Irwin's zoo in southern Queensland, said they had heard the reports but could not comment.
Irwin is famous for his enthusiasm for wildlife and his catchcry "Crikey!" in his television program "Crocodile Hunter," which was first broadcast in Australia in 1992 and has aired around the world on the Discovery channel.
He rode his image into a feature film, and developed the Australia Zoo as a tourist attraction.
He is survived by his American wife Terri, from Oregon, and their daughter Bindi Sue, 8, and son Bob, who will turn 3 in December."
Steve Irwin was one of my all time favorite celebrities, easily making a top ten list, and will be greatly missed. Whether or not you thought the man was crazy his message on wildlife conservation will hopefully live on in his absence.
Sunday, September 03, 2006
You don’t need to read a movie review when the title gives away the main plot. I’m sorry to have to reveal spoilers but YES, there is a plane in this movie! Oh, and something about snakes too. With soooo much internet and mouth-to-mouth buzz on this film, New Line decided to throw away the original “PG” Rating and go with a “R”. This makes for a perfect “Cult” film because of the already large fan-base and a movie willing to make light of itself. The important thing to remember is to go to this movie to have fun and to be entertained not for excellent acting and writing.
With that in mind I had a lot of fun seeing this movie. We saw it at the drive-in where fellow movie goers could cheer as loud as they pleased and honk their car horns for certain scenes. The best part about this creature/horror film is your given the usual cast of odd characters to chose from and pick who will live and who will die. Also did I mention there were snakes in this movie and that their on a plane? Well, there are. There is at least one of every well known species of poisonous snake plus one really big constricting snake and guess what …. Their all on a plane!
So here’s my 2 cents … Lots of laughs, lots of dying, lots of fun! This would make a perfect Slinus Halloween movie.
4 Slinus Heads
The entire cast of “Super Troopers” is back in a new film entitled “Beerfest”. You can expect the same type of humor that was found in “Super Troopers” only now with a plot very similar to the movie “Dodge Ball”. If you’re offended by stupid humor, nationality stereotyping, topless women, and extreme alcohol abuse then this is not the movie for you. My 2 cents, it’s not as funny as “Super Troopers” but it’s a lot better then “Club Dread”.
3 ½ Slinus Heads
“Accepted” is your basic movie about the college experience and is fairly similar to other college movies like “Animal House” and “PCU” yet the comedy is still funny and doesn’t seem stale. This film offers an excellent role for comedian Lewis Black and keeps things funny with a cast of odd ball characters including a guy with a serious case of ADD, and another who majors in blowing things up with his mind. Overall it’s just a pretty good movie.
3 ½ Slinus Heads
Thursday, August 24, 2006
But for some good news, here's a treat. It's a foreign car commercial featuring Tex Avery's classic characters. And Red has never looked sexier might I add.
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Al has released the first single as a free download. The song is a style parody of the great ’80s charity song, “We Are The World” and it's called "Don't Download This Song".
But you CAN download this song by visiting http://www.dontdownloadthissong.com/
And you can watch the music video animated by Bill Plympton here http://music.yahoo.com/premieres
And if you stil haven't heard "Weird Al's" recent Parody of James Blunt (Which will not appear on the new album, read more about that here http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5482774 .)than you can still download "You're Pitiful" here http://media.thechrispirilloshow.com/mp3/yourepitiful.mp3
Monday, August 21, 2006
If you want to join us, here is the plan . . .
If "Snakes on a Plane" is still playing at the drive-in then we will go and see it. If "Snakes" is not playing at the drive-in then we will be having dinner at Martini's (where Brett works).
So please let me know if you are interested in going.
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Here is the website: http://www.renfestival.com/index.html
We leave on Saturday, September 30th in the morning (around the same time as last year--like 7:30, 8:00ish) and we would leave Ohio no later than 6:00 when the fair closes. That should get us home before 9:00.
Tickets are $16.99 at the door, but we can stop at a Kroger's in Ohio to buy them for a few bucks cheaper.
Also, if anyone knows for sure they can go, we can purchase a group set of tickets in advance for $21.00 per person--this gets you admission, and also covers a drink, lunch, and dessert at the fair, and a 10% off coupon for something you want to buy.
I'd have to order before the end of August, so, if antone should want to bring money, say to the pool party this weekend, Kristen would gladly accept it!
Monday, August 14, 2006
To see us as Batman Villians at Conglomeration click here: http://www.icosplay.com/conglom/cong06p1.html
To see my Conglomeration pics, Lake trip 2006, party pics, Kings Island, and old school pics click here: http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4124445&a=31263309&f=
All albums here: http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4124445
Monday, August 07, 2006
Here's the short versions.
Nothing new here if you've seen a Christopher Reeve Superman film. With today's special effects and technology we still get Lex Luthor as the bad guy. I say it's time for Bizzaro.
2 Slinus Heads
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
I didn't care for the first one but this one was great. Lots of cool stuff happens plus a kraken
4 1/2 Slinus Heads
Rather dark and spooky for cartoon aimed at an audience of children ... Nice! Did I mention there's a dead fat lady?
3 1/2 Slinus Heads
Didn't expect much of anything from this Adam Sandler flick but it turned out much better than I expected. We get to see Christopher Walken being goofy plus slow motion boobies! But all in all still an average movie.
3 Slinus Heads
Kevin Smith goes back to the basics with this sequel to his first film ever. I loved the first movie, I loved the cartoon series, and with no exceptions I loved the sequel. Lots of nerd-talk, Donkey Shows, and the return of Jay and Silent Bob. Snootch to the Nootch!
5 Slinus Heads
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
This film should rightfully be called Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Product Placement. The advertisements in this movie are overly ridiculous and even though are portrayed in a humorous way, they're still ADVERTISEMENTS. The jokes would of been just as funny with false products. Yet this movie still has it's funny moments plus a cougar mauling.
2 1/2 Slinus Heads
Barnyard: The Original Party Animals
Unfortunately I expected more from Steve Oedekerk's (creator and star of Kung Pow: Enter the Fist)new animated movie. Still it wasn't a bad movie nor was it great. Some moments your laughing and others your waiting for the scene to end. Although I don't see what all the fuss is about with gender incorrect cows.
3 Slinus Heads
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Ummmmm, a bunch of guys with too many hormones solve their problems by racing fast cars in dangerous situations. And ummmmmm, it's in Japan. Did I mention there's a Hulk-mobile and special Vin Diesel appearance?
Just Half a Slinus Head!
Saturday, July 22, 2006
Monday, July 10, 2006
Friday, July 21: Possible Drive-in Movie theater.
Saturday, July 22: Trish's Wedding.
Friday, August 4: Possible Drive-in Movie theater.
Saturday, August 12: Group trip to ConGlomoration.
Saturday, August 19: Donovan's Big Pool Party!
September 1, 2, & 3: Proposed date for Anna's Lake Trip Round 2.
The Trip to the Drive-in movie theater will happen on one or both dates according to what replies I hear. I will update with what movies are playing as soon as I find out.
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Let me know if you are comming.
Sunday, July 02, 2006
and it is on August 11 - 13. We will be going on Saturday, August 12 and spending the day in our Batman villian costumes. Also Tom Smith will be there!
Anyone intereseted in going with us or dressing up please contact me.
It's cheaper to pre register than paying at the door so I need to know befroe July 25.
Friday, June 30, 2006
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
David Bernath, senior vice president for programming at Comedy Central sayz, "We are thrilled that Matt Groening and 20th Century Fox Television have decided to produce new episodes of 'Futurama' and that Comedy Central will be the first to air them."
"There is a deep and passionate fan base for this intelligent and very funny show that matches perfectly with our audience, and it is great that we can offer them not just the existing library but something they've never seen as well."
Futurama DVD Movies: 2007
New Futurama Episods: 2008
And in other Futurama news, the Futurama team has prepared a one-minute promo for the Al Gore film "An Inconvenient Truth". It contains new dialog from Al Gore, John DiMaggio (Bender) and Billy West as the announcer from the PSA "None Like It Hot" within said episode.
You can see it right here on Slinus Blog . . .
Monday, June 26, 2006
Sunday, June 18, 2006
If you know me well enough, then i'm sure you know that I tend to "humanize" several inanimate objects, the most important one being my car. Well it just so happens that Pixar's latest offering is an animated film about anthropomorphic cars. Correct me if I'm wrong but if becoming personaly attached to inanimate objects that I use in everyday life by giving them personalities is an illness, than I guess I need to see a doctor. I suppose a psychiatrist would blame these delusions on my cherished childhood cartoon "The Brave Little Toaster". So if you take my pschyological problems into consideration, it would seem that Pixar's "Cars" would be a film right up my alley and guess what ... it is.
Pixar does another incredible job with beatuiful animation and breath-taking backgrouds and details. If I was rating this film on the art alone it would rank very very high! The story itself starts out just a simple racing story but quickly evolves into a story about the forgotten backroads and lost the nostalgia of road side tourist traps. (Yet another plus for me who would rather visit the world's biggest ball of twine than take a Caribbean cruise)
As for the downsides of the film, the story does seem to move a little slow towards the middle of the film and one character got on my nerves. I'm talking about Larry the Cable Guy's character "Mater" the Tow-truck. This character seems to be little more than comic relief and a character that children can most relate to. He was pretty annoying and didn't fit in well with the other characters. My main worry when the audience first met the character was that, "Oh no, this stupid tow-truck is going to bring down the enitre movie. I just hope he dosen't reach an annoying factor as low as that good for nothing God awful Donkey from Shrek"! Luckily for me the Tow-truck was not too annoying to distract the main flow of the film and all worked out well.
So here's my 2 cents on Cars ...
Beautifuly animated but a tad slow still makes one good story, just don't let the tow-truck get on your nerves.
I'm springin' for Premium grade gas and giving "Cars" 4 out of 5 Slinus heads.
Saturday, June 10, 2006
1. Name: Mike Overton
2. Age: 25-ish
3. Nickname(s): Landravager, Colm, and any other voice that pops into my head.
4. Who is your Role Model: Mamaru Chiba aka Tuxedo Mask (A man with a harem of Japanese girls)
5. What is your major (if applies): Something to do with computers. It's been 7 years so I'm not sure anymore.
6. Favorite Movie: Return of the Jedi or the Ewok Adventure. Anything with mini-Chewys.
7. Favorite T.V. Show: MacGyver
8. Favorite Band/Musician: Nobu something? (The guy that did the Final Fantasy music.
9. Favorite Book: Flight of the Old Dog
10. Favorite Fictional Character: Randall from Clerks
11. Favorite Animal: Grey Wolves
12. Favorite Color: Grey Scale. I'm color blind, what did you expect?
13. Favorite Word: "Witchadidja"
14. Favorite Quote: "Hey ya'll, Watch this!"
15. Favorite Website: http://www.fukefics.com
16. If you were an inanimate object, what would you be and why?
A bra, because Donovan said so.
17. If you had super powers what would they be?
The ability to look like any videogame/anime character.
18. If you could have any job in the world, what is the perfect one for you?
Crashing $150,000 cars into brick walls
19. *Free Space*
Lambatives for everyone!
20. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Cheeseburger and shake please
Thursday, June 08, 2006
(Kristen will get a kick out of this!)
Go Download "Weird Al" Yankovic's newest song ...
"You're Pitiful" Parody of "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt (You know, it's that lame song where in the video the guy strips down to just pants and jumps off the Icy cliff)
Go here to download Weirdal.com
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Any way this block of animation starts a 11pm on MTV2 (Zim on at 3 and 3:30am)
Unfortunately this appears to be only a one week long trail but if it does good rating wise it might become permenant. So if Adult Swim is showing the same old show, give MTV2 a vist.
(NOTE: This post is mostly due to the excitment of Invader Zim's return to Television ... even if it is in reruns at 3 in the morning.)
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
See Pictures from Marcon 41
And Pictures from HauntCon
Pictures are here (http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4124445) in the "00New Pictures" Folder
Monday, May 22, 2006
I'm pretty sure most people have seen this one already so just a quick review. Lots of explosions and plenty of doom and gloom make this film a fun one to watch and a great way to usher in the Summer blockbusters. Keeping in mind this film dosen't seem to please the X-men fans but for people who have never read one page of an X-men comic (like me) it will keep you enterained. The third X-men has lots of new mutants and bigger roles for past characters and of course wolverine gets more screen time than anyone. My favorite new characters are Kitty Pride who can phase through things and Juggernaut who can well, umm, run through things. Anyway I was well entertained throuhout the show and the only flaw is that there was too much Halle Berry (whom shall forever remain on my bad side since she slaughtered Catwoman).
So I give X-men 3 an excellent 4 out of 5 Slinus heads!
Thursday, May 11, 2006
So bust out some highliters and start planning which events you would like to see. (I highy reccomend the Luke Ski concert on Friday).
Anyway that's whats up with my life.
HauntCon's Website: http://www.hauntcon.com/
Marcon's Website: http://www.marcon.org/
Words are just wasted here, look at the pretty pictures. . .
Samus Out of her suit and a playable character.
Mario Narfeling like a Garthug.
New Character Snake (from Metal Gear Solid I think)?
Anyway, I'm still not giving it justice, go here and watch the Preview . . .
Sunday, May 07, 2006
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Friday, April 21, 2006
If you've seen Scary Movie 3 then you pretty much know what to expect in this fourth installment. Directed by David Zucker (of “Airplane!” and “Naked Gun” fame) and scripted by Craig Mazin and Jim Abrahams, meaning the Wayans Brothers (directors of Scary Movie 1 & 2) are now a distant memory. The film is your basic "spoof" film with parodies of "The Grudge", "War of the Worlds", "Saw", "The Village", and not so scary movies "Million Dollar Baby", and "Brokeback Mountain". If you liked any of the other Scay Movie films (most importantly 3) then this one should be enjoyable for you, if not you will probably just want to skip it altogether. Mostly a lot of chuckels with some good laughs, the humor tends to vary from sight gags to the overuse of "Gross-out" humor. The film is short too, at just over an hour long (80 minutes I think.) I won't go into any details about my favorite parts because it wouldn't leave much to see if you watch it.
However, I will allow two spoilers, There is a very speacil appearence of Scott DeVos in the film, otherwise know as Zoltar. Also the only "Scary" part of Scary Movie 4 is seeing Leslie Nielsen's naked butt (which gets an amazing amount of screen time) fortunately the film makes up for that by showing off Carmen Electra's squisheys in a nice corset.
Anyway, Scary Movie 4 contains mostly stuff you've seen before and at only 80 Minutes long I wouldn't reccomend paying full admission. So if you're thinking about seeing it, I say wait for an early bird speacil or for home rental. And that's my 2 cents.
I give Scary Movie 4 - two and a half Slinus heads.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
"Oh Adult Swim! Why! We loved each other once. But now . . . Now you give me Saved by the bell!?!? I thought we had something together! Something Speacil and wonderful. A place full of wonderful shows, old and new. Shows with brilliant minds and fresh talent. Now, what once was a viewing pleasure of midnight on [AS] now feels like 7AM on TBS. If I wanted to watch a bunch of no talent retarted kids with horrid acting skills I would tune in on Friday nights and watch Tommy and Tara. Now what once was a television exploding with beautiful comedy and action animation has been dulled with an eire and deafening sound of silence as my thumb removes it's self from the power button on my remote control. Now sitting alone in my cold dark room, staring at my dark, black, icey television screen. I can almost feel the warm loving rays of entertaing animation radiation that once embraced my body on a nightly basis, now just a memory, still linger in the air. Now all I have left is this DARK, HEARTLESS, ROOM. Cold and Alone! What happened to you Adult Swim? I'm not sure if I can ever forgive you. I not sure if things will ever be the same ... for you .... for us. I guess all I can do now is pray. And hope. And whenever midnight rolls along I can always put in a Futurama DVD or play some strip solitare and try and wait out what may be the most agonizing 30 minutes of my life. With every second that will pass, my heart will pound harder. With every minute that will pass, my sweat will grow colder. And somewhere between insainity and the festering bowels of my Adult Swim free mind will be the haunting laughter of Screech lauging at my torment! Well nuts to you Dustin Diamond, there's still a chance this could all be a cruel and horrible joke gone wrong! . . . But I'm only kidding myself. The end is near . . . for quality entertainment on [AS], it all starts with one show and I'm afraid Adult Swim will not be saved by the bell. . . . Oh and congradulations on making the cover of Animation Magazine, very nice!"
Sunday, April 09, 2006
Overall, if you like stupid movies then you'll like the Benchwarmers. And that's my 2 cents.
I give it 3 and half Slinus heads.