Sunday, April 09, 2006

Save a Seat, for the Benchwarmers

The Benchwarmers is just another one of those anthems to nerds and underdogs, following in the footsteps of such films as "Revenge of the Nerds" or "Dodgeball". I wen't into this movie not expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. The writing nor the acting is anything great but that's what one is to suspect in a "Happy Madison" production. What scored big for me was the physical humor, site gags, and gross out comedy (I never get tired of really fake projectile vomit!) This movie provided enough random insanity to satisfy my lust for the odd and crazy. Some examples include demented midgets living in peanutbutter forts, an Agraphobic albino attacking girl scouts with a plastic sword, robotic butlers, the over use of tittie twisters, Adam West's Batmobile, and the Mega-Mit (as seen above).
Overall, if you like stupid movies then you'll like the Benchwarmers. And that's my 2 cents.
I give it 3 and half Slinus heads.

1 comment:

Raven said...

I was sad that jon hedar was type cast in this movie but i agree with donovan it was fun. especially with all that kinky sex in the .....i mean it was good.