Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Screwed by the Bell

If you don't know, Adult Swim has been playing ads that claim they will air the awful LIVE-ACTION sitcom Saved by the Bell. We all thought it was a joke. Tonight we found out otherwise. Here is my rant I sent to [AS], lets see if they air it!
"Oh Adult Swim! Why! We loved each other once. But now . . . Now you give me Saved by the bell!?!? I thought we had something together! Something Speacil and wonderful. A place full of wonderful shows, old and new. Shows with brilliant minds and fresh talent. Now, what once was a viewing pleasure of midnight on [AS] now feels like 7AM on TBS. If I wanted to watch a bunch of no talent retarted kids with horrid acting skills I would tune in on Friday nights and watch Tommy and Tara. Now what once was a television exploding with beautiful comedy and action animation has been dulled with an eire and deafening sound of silence as my thumb removes it's self from the power button on my remote control. Now sitting alone in my cold dark room, staring at my dark, black, icey television screen. I can almost feel the warm loving rays of entertaing animation radiation that once embraced my body on a nightly basis, now just a memory, still linger in the air. Now all I have left is this DARK, HEARTLESS, ROOM. Cold and Alone! What happened to you Adult Swim? I'm not sure if I can ever forgive you. I not sure if things will ever be the same ... for you .... for us. I guess all I can do now is pray. And hope. And whenever midnight rolls along I can always put in a Futurama DVD or play some strip solitare and try and wait out what may be the most agonizing 30 minutes of my life. With every second that will pass, my heart will pound harder. With every minute that will pass, my sweat will grow colder. And somewhere between insainity and the festering bowels of my Adult Swim free mind will be the haunting laughter of Screech lauging at my torment! Well nuts to you Dustin Diamond, there's still a chance this could all be a cruel and horrible joke gone wrong! . . . But I'm only kidding myself. The end is near . . . for quality entertainment on [AS], it all starts with one show and I'm afraid Adult Swim will not be saved by the bell. . . . Oh and congradulations on making the cover of Animation Magazine, very nice!"

7 comments:

Other Lunch Girl said...

So...

>>Cricket. Cricket>>

How about those Mets?

I...Uh...hear they've been scoring a lot of goal-unit-baskets recently...

So cold. So very cold...

Jen said...

What?! I hadn't heard of that. Who's bloody stupid idea was that to put that horrible show on cartoon network?! Gah!

Donovan "Slinus" Jones said...

They're just screwing with the fans because they think it's funny. As much as I'm outraged, at least it's not as bad as "Super Milk Chan" . . . Actually they may be on the same level of horror! (At least milk chan was animated)

sydel said...

i'm more worried about the idea of donovan playing strip solitare (or whatever he called it), with himself at midnight on any given day....

Donovan "Slinus" Jones said...

Oh come on Sydel, you know you wanna see. After all, naked Donovans are 100% Sarah Approved!

liz said...

I'm just really not gonna think about that right now. But atleast I'm no longer going to be the only one with nothing to watch on a Friday night anymore...

Tiff said...

Yeah, someone ranted that they're CN, not "crappy 80s live action show network," which they now replace adult swim with when they play the show. It is pretty stupid to have a live-action show on adult swim, but at least they make fun of the show w/their adverts of making everyone look demonic.